Library Loot: February 9th to 15th
Sorry, no vlog this week. The roof above my room has a leak, and we’ve been getting a lot of rain, so now my parents have to fix that, which means I’m temporarily kicked out of my room. And I haven’t gotten a time this week when I’m alone in the house and can record it elsewhere! I’m hoping I can get back to vlogging next week though.
- Treasures in Heaven by Kathleen Alcalá (I’m reading books set in Mexico for my upcoming trip.)
- The River of Lost Footsteps by Thant Myint-U (I love reading about Burma.)
- The Kingdom of Gods by N.K. Jemisin (This is the third in an excellent fantasy trilogy.)
- The Invisible Heart by Nancy Folbre (I’m always intrigued by non-conventional economics.)
- Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day by Winifred Watson (The movie is one of my favourites, so when I was browsing and saw the book I decided to give it a go!)
- Never in a Hurry by Naomi Shihab Nye (Not sure where I came across this, but it’s an essay collection by a Palestinian-American poet who also lives in south Texas.)
- The Secret History of Moscow by Ekaterina Sedia (I want to get back into fantasy this year, and I’m always on the lookout for Russian women authors.)
- Being Wrong by Kathryn Schulz (I watched an interesting TED talk she gave, so now I want to read the book.)
- Prospero’s Daughter by Elizabeth Nunez (I can’t resist Caribbean lit, and I’m especially excited since this is inspired by The Tempest.)
See the details in my LibraryThing collection.