Library Loot: January 12th to 18th
Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time during the week. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!
Delayed due to Vimeo issues (and here I was all proud of myself because I’d recorded the video with plenty of time & remembered to upload it last night so it’d be ready). Once it’s working, I’ll add it in!
Have resorted to YouTube since Vimeo has yet to answer my question. Which means I don’t get to pick a nice thumbnail but oh well!
Note to self: stop saying ‘anyway’ so frequently.
- The Greatcoat by Helen Dunmore
- Silent House by Orhan Pamuk
- The Bathing Women by Tie Ning
- The 10 PM Question by Kate De Goldi
- Advantage: How American Innovation Can Overcome the Asian Challenge by Adam Segal
- The Polished Hoe by Austin Clarke
- Trouble in Transylvania by Barbara Wilson
- Scheherazade Goes West by Fatema Mernissi
- Chinese Lessons: Five Classmates and the Story of the New China by John Pomfret
- In the Forests of Serre by Patricia A. McKillip
- Song for the Basilisk by Patricia A. McKillip
- Beowulf: A New Verse Translation by Seamus Heaney
- The New Golden Rule: Community And Morality In A Democratic Society by Amitai Etzioni
- The Age of Missing Information by Bill McKibben
- The Black Jacobins: Toussaint L’Ouverture and the San Domingo Revolution by C.L.R. James
See all the details in my LibraryThing collection!